Indiana: Children’s Special Health Care Services (ICSHCS)
Indiana Children’s Special Health Care Services provides supplemental medical coverage to help families of children who:
- Have serious, chronic medical conditions,
- Are age birth to 21 years of age.
- Have a family income before taxes no greater than 250% of the federal poverty level . (The financial level changes every year.)
ICSHCS can pay for treatment related to their child’s condition, including severe hemophilia, for those who meet the program’s financial and medical criteria. For current financial eligibility see CSHCS website: www.in.gov/isdh/19613.htm.
If you have questions please contact 1-317-233-1351 or 1-800-475-1355, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bleeding Disorder Specifics for Indiana
- ICSHCS may assist with Medicare, COBRA, or Commercial premiums if you are have difficulty meeting the costs. This is dependent on the severity and cost of your bleeding disorder
- ICSHCS only pays for expenses resulting from your bleeding disorder including co-morbidities
- ICSHCS is NOT an insurance plan. It is a program to assist with copays and deductibles and should not be used as a primary insurance policy.